Vishnu Sahasranama is known as Stotra Raj. This stotra contains the power of all the Devatat,
hence, all their powers are invoked when this is changed. It also generates enormous Spiritual
Vibrations which is beneficial for all.
- Vishnu Sahasranama bestows on us peace, prosperity, welfare, values (good qualities), fame, memory, including Dharma, Artha, Kama, Mohsha.
- It destroys our worldly bondages, is a healer of all diseases (physical & mental).
- It is the essence of all the shastras (sarva shastra saara) and hence becomes a doorway to salvation. It is indeed the best Yagna (Japa Yagna). Hence no grave calamity can ever happen to a person who chants Vishnu Sahasranama with devotion.
- The name’s of the Lord is the best choice to choose a name for our children.
- Sage Madhvacharya says that Vedas can be interpretted in three ways, Mahabharata in ten different ways, but the names of the Lord have a hundred different meanings (interpretations).
- Chanting Vishnu Sahasranama once with true Bhakti is equivalent to visiting a thousand
- If one has nakshatra or navagraha dosha, the best remedy is to chant Vishnu Sahasranama.
There are 27 nakshatras and each nakshatra has 4 paadas.
27*4 = 108 – which is equal to the number of verses in Vishnu Sahasranama. Therefore, there is ‘ONE’ specific verse in the Vishnu Sahasramnama for every individual belonging to a nakshatra – paada.
Also there are specific verses to help us to improve our memory, acquire noble
qualities, eliminate finance problems , improve health,
better relationships at home, to acquire inner peace etc.
- Also Vishnu Sahasranama belongs to the Rig Veda where there are 1000 slokas
called Brihadi Sahasra. Each verse has 36 swaras and 36 vyanjanas – hence 72 aksharas.
Hence 72*1000 slokas equals 72000 aksharas which equals 72000 naadis in the human body.
Hence Vishnu Sahasranama becomes the greatest healer which energises all the 72000
naadis in our human body.
For more details on benefits do watch the video: